Empower young, uncertain parents age 12-27 male and female with personal and career development, parenting and essential skills necessary to become contributing citizens enabling them to raise healthy and productive children.
Program Objectives for Participant
- Teen Parent between ages 12-18
- Young Adult Parent ages 18-27
- Male or Female Parent
- Be willing to commit to 18 months participation
- Be willing to become self-sufficient:
- Be enrolled in HS, Post Secondary training or College
- If completed HS, Post Secondary training or College must be willing to work
Program Objectives for Mentors
- Match mentors with eligible parents
- Provide information concerning access to available community resources
- Provide education on child health and development
- Provide guidance, support and be a positive role model
Interested in being a Mentor?
Please contact us!
The Trumbull Memorial Hospital Foundation and March of Dimes first funded the Mentoring Mother’s Project in 1996-1997. The program is modeled after the successful Parent Assistance Service System (PASS) of the Lake County General Health District. Since then, the grant was renewed for nine consecutive years 1996-2004 with Community Solutions, Rebecca Williams Community Center; other funding sources are being sought for its continuance in Trumbull County and expansion to Franklin and Mahoning Counties.